March 18, 2008

Names matter

I probably wouldn't be so taken by Swedish label Permanent Vacation if it weren't for the fact that one of my favorite movies happens to be Jim Jarmusch's debut film from his days as a college student, "Permanent Vacation". I've mentioned it on my blog before, but really there's no way of describing how utterly bizarre and cool it is unless you see it for yourself. This scene where Chris Parker dances around to an old record while his lace slip-clad roommate sits looking out the window all detatched and indifferent is...simply classic.


Anyway. This one boutique that I go to quite often recently stocked some stuff by PV and labels aside, I do find the clothes quite nice. Loose and comfy looking.


But I must say, the oversized logo tee from AW07 really did it for me (and trust me when I say I am not a logotee kinda gal). I guess I just really love the phrase permanent vacation--I find something incredibly romantic about the idea of roaming around the streets with no particular goals in mind, and eventually maybe disappearing somewhere. Does that make sense? Judging from their lookbook I'm guessing PV embraces this lazy-aesthetic too.

1 comment:

Sombernon said...

Hi, nice reading your post