March 14, 2008

Gently down the stream


I found some photos from The Row portfolio so I thought I'd share them with you. I can't say much about the clothes because I've actually never seen anything of The Row in person. But I like the concept--the hot mom and her weirdo kid with the barbie dolls, sitting around in a white washed apartment (with a white iron heater, I freakin love those things!!!) looking all glam in feathers and leather and masks... niiice.
P.S with regards to using a kid in an ad campaign for adults, I really have nothing to say. I think it's fine as long as the sexual undertone isn't extreme (because ok let's face it, people who are all into radically critiquing society seem to associate just about anything with sex), but I don't see a huge problem with it in this case. I think it's interesting actually because the olsen-twins are clearly pretty childlike themselves and so looking at the girl, you're really reminded of them--particularly Mary-Kate. Anyhow I'm not someone who is into arguing the nittygritties of political correctness or moral righteousness so let's leave it at that.

1 comment:

SICK. said...

i lovelovelove the row & i am totally with you on white iron heaters. i always wished for one.


x.
jessica

ps you know those jeans you liked but were sold out from margiela (i think)? well, habitualis selling some that are similar. this is all but a memory for me, so don't kill me if i get your hopes up for nothing, but the habituals are white-ish with black and grey tie-dye.
anyways.