May 8, 2009

my favorite color b l u e

im dying to see the movie "mizu no onna" (woman of water) starring asano tadanobu and one of my favorite japanese singers, UA. it's supposed to be about a woman who owns a bathhouse? the entire film is shot in this beautiful serene eerie blue light, it looks gorgeous.






ryan wallace's paintings are incredible. they have such presence and yet i feel that if i were to hang one up in my room, it would just sort of blend in with everything else. so powerful but soft. also, they're blue.


i like to look at james cooper's underwater photography and fantasize about skinnydipping in a big bright blue bottomless bubbly sunlit pool


hans hartung


i grew up reading my parents'pierre et gilles coffeetable books like picturebooks...not sure if its the best stuff for a 5 yr old but i think that partly explains my strange love for homoerotic christian imagery, sailors, water, and the color blue



chagall was my mamas favorite



水色 (blue) by UA

4 comments:

Matias - Organizador said...

blue is my favorite color too! great blog :)

--

Anonymous said...

ah, there he is! tadanobu my homeboy!

etoilee8 said...

I grew up with my parents letting me watch anything on tv. I realized this wasn't normal, when naming my favourite movies to my friends.

yui said...

Sliding Doors Love Actually Lost in Translation Flirting Detroit Rock City arent exactly R rated tho?