One of my favorite scenes in the amazing film Morvern Callar directed by Lynne Ramsay. It really captures the drama of listening to an amazing song in a mediocre setting don't you think...And the soundtrack (Some Velvet Morning by Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra) is truly truly killer. I think a large part of the reason why I love this movie so much is because throughout the story the main character played by Samantha Morton listens to a mixtape left to her by her dead boyfriend (a damn shame he killed himself considering he had such good taste). So basically the entire soundtrack is a dead kids' mixtape which makes the film all the more sad and bad and morbid/haunting/emotionally charged. I really recommend it.
1. I Want More - Can
2. Goon Gumpas - Aphex Twin
3. Everything You Is A Balloon - Boards Of Canada
4. Spoon - Can
5. Blue Milk - Stereolab (edit)
6. I'm Sticking With You - The Velvet Underground
7. You Can Fall - Broadcast
8. Gamelan Drumming
9. Cool In The Pool - Holger Czukay
10. Hold Of Death - Lee "Scratch" Perry
11. Some Velvet Morning - Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood
12. Japanese Cowboy - Ween
13. Fragrance - Holger Czukay
14. Nannou - Aphex Twin
And another scene...be warned it's slightly grotesque but the ever-genius director Lynne Ramsay makes it okay.